A tasty salad recipe made even better by using Welsh Lamb
You will need
- 9 French trimmed lamb cutlets
- 3 lemons, 1 zested and juiced, others each cut into 4 fat slices
- Olive Oil
- 250g baby courgettes, halved lengthways
- Small bunch of mint, leaves picked
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 140g feta cheese, crumbled
Marinate the lamb cutlets in the lemon juice and 4 tbsp olive oil for about 20 mins. Brush courgettes with another 2-3 tbsp olive oil and season.
Lift the lamb cutlets out of the marinade, season well and barbecue or griddle for 1-3 mins on each side. Barbecue or griddle the courgettes for 2-3 mins on each side until tender and charred. Barbecue or griddle the lemon slices for 30 secs-1 min each side to char and caramelise slightly.
Transfer the lamb and courgettes to a platter. Scatter on the mint, lemon zest, butter beans, chilli, spring onions, feta and seasoning, and gently toss. Drizzle with olive oil and add the barbecued lemons to the platter to squeeze over.
This recipe is from the BBC Good Food. For more recipes visit their website